Darwin holds a Master in Internet Business & Bachelor in Business Information Science.
Currently working at De-CIX Management GmbH largest IXP (Internet exchange point) in the world and with primary focus on premium network interconnection services as Senior Business Development responsible for Africa & LATAM region.
Since 2012, Darwin Costa worked at multinational Angola Cables. Over the past 7 years, he has had the chance to work as a technical, sales and IP product specialist on the product side.
Dynamic and adaptive individual who enjoys challenges and have a very high work ethic. Enjoys working in teams’ environments but excelled as an individual. Likes to enlarge technical, business knowledge and take on new challenges with a high
sense of duty. Always being innovative, creative, motivated for new challenges.
Over the past years I had the chance to be part of strategic projects such as:
- Volunteer: PDWG Co-Chair (2021 – 2022) (https://afrinic.net/policy/development-working-group)
- Volunteer: Vice-Chair Admin Committee (2020)
- PeeringDB Admin Committee (2020)
- Volunteer: Program Committee member of AFPIF (2020 – 2022)
- Volunteer: Angolan ISP Association Technical Advisory Board (2019)
- Volunteer: Chair of: AOPF (Angolan Peering Forum) & AONOG (Angolan Network Operation group) 2019;
- Volunteer: Program Committee member of GPF (Global Peering Forum)2018
- Implementation and management of the largest IXP (Internet Exchange Point) in Angola – Angonixwww.angonix.net
- Implementation of Root-servers in Angola in order to answer requests for records in the root zone and answers other requests by returning a list of the authoritative name servers for the appropriate top-level domain(TLD). http://www.root-servers.org
- Implementation of large CDNs (content delivery networks) in Angola in order to minimize latency for the end users (on mobile or FTTH backbones);
- Expanding Core/Edge IP PoP(s) from Angola Cables on a global scale; https://www.angolacables.co.ao/cable-routes/?lang=en
- Interconnection negotiation(s) with all kinds of suppliers and partners. Managed to close direct peering sessions with companies such as: KPN, Orange, ZAYO, PCCW, etc.
- Master’s in Internet Business at ISDI University;
- Bachelor of: “Business Information Science”. Netherlands – University of Saxion of Applied Sciences;
- Cisco CCNA certification;
- XP (Angonix) coordinator;
- Interconnection negotiations;
- Analyze and report on network traffic and optimize network design, routing policies, peering and upstream connectivity.
- Experience in a carrier environment, wholesale or large retail ISP;
- IGP/BGP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS; MPLS;
- Ability to multitask;